Friday, April 19, 2013

Life is Good!

 photo inspiringquotes_zps27c53ee7.jpg

Sometimes I get discouraged - downright pessimistic about life !
 
I wonder why more people don't care about what's happening ;
why it's more important to decorate your bedroom than to save your country.
 
I wonder why tens of thousands fill out March Madness brackets
but have no time to read a book;
why mothers can talk about the Kardashians but not about values and morals .
 
I wonder why trying to make a difference is so hard and why I'm so tired ;
why I can't just forget about all the moral drift I see around me
and take a long nap, putter away my days in beckoning antique shops,
or just "veg out" at the movies .
 
This statement, attributed to Rondal Reagan, brings it home for me :
 
"This is a wonderful time to be alive. We're lucky not to live in pale and timid times.
We've been blessed with the opportunity to stand for something."
 
(Doesn't that sound just like the Gipper?)
 
So, I keep on trying, talking, writing
Somehow it should all make a difference, don't you think?
 
Please join me - let's save the country!
 
- Pam
 


No comments:

Post a Comment